Jul 30th, 2019
Propaganda isn't what you may think. Ellul's ideas on pre-propaganda, propaganda's conditioned reflexes, myths, and "orthopraxy". Including the triggering of active and passive action (activists, influencers, collaborators), widespread participation by "committed" zealots, the separation between thought and action, exploiting the abyss between what we say and what we do, mobilizing men for action counter to their own values, and being unable to reverse ourselves once "action" has begun.
- Exiling naked sectarians
- Agitation and organization
- How the Internet rejuvenates and revives conditioned reflexes
- Technology indoctrinates us much faster than before
- Presuppositions, stereotypes, and political education disguised as universities
- Mind-hacking thru a broken firewall
- Seizing your intellectual autonomy
- Excommunication is painful. But Necessary.
Jacques Ellul's "Propaganda": https://www.amazon.com/Propaganda-Formation-Attitudes-Jacques-Ellul/dp/0394718747
*Like the pod? SPREAD IT! F**k The Zuckerbeast & Twitter. You are my marketing team.
*Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, YouTube, and your favorite podcatcher.
*Also check out www.christophermedia.net and www.escapingthecave.com