Aug 29th, 2019
Agitation and Integration: two often closely related but very different types of propagandas: one used to provoke internal conflict the other to shape members of a population into a mold. Agitation: The propaganda of insurgency and revolution. Includes how internal enemies are used as scapegoats to manufacture then exploit hatreds as means to an insurgent's end, Mao's view on "the enemy residing in every man" and fitting him into the "Socialist Mold", Hitler's internal agitation, spontaneous volunteer propagandists, and how facts and "truth" are irrelevant to the person burning with primal hatred.
- Agitation propaganda during the American Revolution
- Triggering revolution by provoking hate? It's easy!
- Exploiting hatred and the path to genocide
- Hatred: small investment, high return
- Agitation and Integration can be used simultaneously
- Utopia is totalitarian
- Intellectuals: More susceptible to integration propaganda than dolts
- Intellectuals and self-bigotry
- "Can I hate you?"
- Justification, rationalization and stampeding enraged elephants
- Agitation to Integration: extremely difficult
- Successful Agitation + Failed Integration = Mob Rule
- Winter Is Here
- Yep. It's a doozy.
Jacques Ellul's "Propaganda": https://www.amazon.com/Propaganda-Formation-Attitudes-Jacques-Ellul/dp/0394718747
*Like it? Share it.